Tena koe e te tumuaki.
At Kiwi North we want you and your students to enjoy museums just as much as we do! Our aim is to create an exciting and inspiring learning environment for your students.
We offer you the chance to enjoy and appreciate the rich heritage of Te Tai Tokerau/Northland by accessing our live animal displays, heritage collections and visiting our wonderful venues.
- Memorable hands-on experiences
- Unique learning contexts that promote the transfer of skills across a wide-range of curriculum areas
- Resources and experiences that support school-based teaching activities
Programmes cater for New Entrants to Year 13 students and cost $5 per student. A range of holiday activities and events are available to the community throughout the year. Programmes are also available for pre-schoolers.
LEOTC (Learning Experiences outside the Classroom) Services include:
- Kiwi North natural history & science – explore biodiversity and conservation with live exhibits and natural history specimens
- Heritage technology – uncover archaeology, ancient history and settler history
- Science technology – investigate movement, sound and biology
- The BIG Day out – engage in adventure and excitement at the Heritage Park
- Off-site experiences – discover the bush, waterways and off-shore islands or visit other museums in the Whangarei District
Teachers and supporting adults on school trips visit us for FREE*.
*subject to conditions
For schools on a budget we have a range of Teacher-Led activities and some free activities throughout the school year.
Teachers are also invited to make a FREE preliminary site visit.
Please contact us beforehand to make an appointment so we can prepare for your visit.
If you would like to find out more or make a booking please
Call (09) 438 9630 ext 2
Fax (09) 430 8462